Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Baby Allos

We went through a right of passage this week, one that nearly every child does... The girls found a pair of scissors, holed up in my closet, and took turns cutting chunks of hair from each other's heads. Oh how I wished I had a camera in that closet!


"Hadley, what did you do to your sister?"

Instant tears.



I saw only two solutions: buy some pink hair dye and complete the punk rock look, or make it a girls' outing at the beauty parlor. So, to the beauty parlor we went.

We're a bit sad now that we can't do ponies or piggies anymore, but we're enjoying the new pixie cuts. In fact, the girls' cut resembles that of my paternal grandmother Mommy Allo and Hadley recognized it immediately. Hadley took one look at her new self and gave herself a new nickname... Baby Allo.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I was waiting for pictures of this! They turned out darling, what a happy ending. Don't worry, the ponies and the piggies will be back before you know it!

Hope we get to see you guys for some summer fun!

Summer said...

Oh no! I just know Hannah is going to do this to herself sometime soon! That will be a sad day. The girls' haircuts turned out DARLING though!