Friday, September 12, 2008

POOP... a four letter word

I'm not sure what happens. I put my adorable little girls to bed. They are bathed and smell like soap. They look so cute in their ducked-taped-on pajamas. They insist on wearing their swimsuit cover-ups with the ruffle on the bottom and their sun hats. To complete the adorable factor they each are wearing one black Paten leather Sunday shoe. I cover them with their blankets, then uncover them and peel back the layers to find their cute, soft bellies which I must kiss before they happily go to sleep. I recover them, making sure their babies are also covered. Ryan brings them a drink of water and we turn off the light and shut the door with a big sigh and a silent Hallelujah.

The next morning I wake to find my girls completely undressed. Chloe still has her diaper and pajama bottoms on because without Hadley's help she can't remove the duct tape. Hadley is not only naked but has redecorated her crib in poop. There are not many four letter words we say in our home, in fact none. But when the words, "Oh poop!" come out of my mouth everyone knows to make themselves scarce. No one wants to do the cleaning up.

2 comments:

Ben and Laurie said...

ooh YUCK! I've heard about the artwork that comes after they get good at removing the diapers. Watch out, you may have a VanGogh on your hands!

Carrie Anne said...

hi! it's carrie rhodes...i found you from laurie's blog & I HAD to comment b/c my brother's twins did this EXACT SAME THING! i think it was all over the bathroom, too, though...like the walls, carpet, counter, toilet...EVERYWHERE! oh good luck! the kids are so old now! so cute! i hope you are doing well in AZ!