Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Poop

Today while the babies were napping I went upstairs only to find a very familiar smell permeating through the hall. I decided I could not be sure, and descended the stairs hoping against odds that I was wrong. Not too much later I again was upstairs and this time I could no longer deny it. There was poop somewhere up there. Looking from Braden, to Emme, to their friends, I knew I would be lucky if the culprit lied there. Of coarse I found it did not, and dreaded the alternative.

I thought I had outsmarted Hadley and Chloe with the duct tape, but I've learned kids cannot be outsmarted. And so is the case with my darling little 23-month-olds that everyone tells me are so cute everywhere we go. Well, they don't look so cute covered from head to toe in poop. Yes, because the girls are unable to get their diapers off, they have chosen to just remove what is inside. Today as I creaked open the door on my napping girls there was no mistaking where the smell came from. It was even more obvious when Braden said, "Oh, disgusting!" My sweet girls were completely covered in poop. It was on their sheets, blankets, toys and stuffed animals. It was on the crib and the walls. This incident made the time Hadley scooped it all up and packaged it in a beaded purse for me seem like a blessing. So what did I do? I turned my back on it and let the girls sleep. A note to myself for the future. Dried poop is much harder to clean up than fresh poop!

2 comments:

Misty said...

So I am starting to see that you are in the stage that about made me lose my mind. The potty training was the worst for me and sadly it is just more poop and pee EVERYWHERE. But there is good news, we have entered a good stage. The girls seem like angels most days and we have very few disasters any more. So on those worst days, know there are good days ahead.

Misty said...

Right now Skyler is reading the Lighting Thief, I think there are four books in the series. He didn't like to read until he had a really bad teacher in 1st grade and I told him he could go on adventures in books. For some reason it worked. He read all the Harry Potter books before a month into third grade, including the last one in 1 1/2 weeks while going to school all day. Thats how long it took me. He also really likes Comics. Diary of a whimpy kid was a good one. He really liked the spiderwick cronicles, those were his first favorite books. The Divide, The Fire Within, Pendragon. I usually just go to Barnes and Noble, look for best sellers that are age appropriate, write the names down and go to the library and get them. That is how I have found the ones he likes best. Maybe that will help.