Thursday, July 17, 2008

Baths

Whenever a child takes three baths in one day, you know you've had one humdinger of a day. But it didn't start out that way. This morning I was feeling pretty good. With the babies' diapers and pajamas duct taped on, their poop was stowed nicely away where it should be when they woke up. I really thought I had them this time and I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Unfortunately, it did not last long. On the way home from shopping this afternoon Hadley dumped a cup of pink lemonade all over herself while Chloe was angelically sleeping. This required Hadley to have a quick sponge bath, while Chloe had to be layed in bed without her "belt." With a snapped onesie and pants, I thought I was safe. I was very wrong. Two hours later Chloe was in the bath and her clothes, sheets and blankets in the wash... again.

Bath number two was in process, unbeknownst to me, right as I was gathering the kids for Braden's 6:00 swim meet. While I was packing dinner to take with us, Hadley and Chloe had taken off their clothes, climbed into the master bathtub, and turned the water on. Hadley's diaper was off, but Chloe's duct tape was holding on strong to its water filled contents. The girls were having a wonderful time and I'm sure would award it the best of the day.

(Braden swam an individual medley race, 100 meters, and took third place. Way to go!)

Bath number three was a post-dinner bath with dad in charge. Mom had had it.

3 comments:

Matt and Allie said...

I love to hear about all your adventures. When I think I have had a rough day all I do is think of your stories :)

Julie said...

Todd & I enjoy your stories! Hope you find those new buddies for your kids, we are still working on that here.
Reading about your twins makes me more & more grateful that I just ended up getting a number 3, not 3 & 4!
Take care!

B-Hams said...

I can't belive how big the twins are! They are so cute I love it! I was always so excited to go to church, I always hoped to hold one of the Huffman twins.The cuttiest baby girls! You were always so sweet to let me play with them. Now I am so excited to have a baby girl of my own to play with! I am glad you guys are enjoying AZ it looks so fun!