Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Girls!



Four is my favorite birthday! Looking at these faces you can see why. We have been anticipating this day for the good part of this past year as they been compiling a list of things they want. Every where we would go I would hear, "For my birthday mama. I want this for my birthday." And I would agree, "Yes, for your birthday." It was a great way to get out of any store without incident or an empty wallet. I felt very smart. But as August loomed nearer I began to worry. Did they really think they were going to get all those stuffed animals, the real animals, the baby dolls, the fairies, the dress ups, the thing that goes in the water that spins and lights up (????)... and everything else? Boy, this great idea of mine was going to backfire!

But birthdays are magical at that age and when they opened up their measly roller skates and snap and go dolls they were thrilled. No mention was made of the list of things I had agreed upon over the past nine months that were missing; including the squirrel from Jackson Hole, the Dora doll at the grocery store, and the $65 babies at the toy store. Instead they were elated with their yogurt date with mom, trip to the toy store (to actually buy something), cupcake tower, the mound of colorfully wrapped presents, and all the birthday wishes. Good thing they're only four!

1 comment:

thederricks said...

Cute cupcakes!!! Love the theme!