Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

Growing up visiting my grandparents' bay-side home each summer, I learned early the joys and pains of being pulled behind a speeding boat. My kids thus far being denied this opportunity, I felt it was time. So we took advantage of the holiday, headed up to our closest lake, and threw the kids in the water.
The girls loved tubing with the exception of Chloe who was traumatized when she got dunked on her first turn out - fell right off the back with me when I lost my grip. Braden was thrilled to have his dad try to dunk him on the tube and even got up on the wake board for a few seconds.

We did find it difficult to tell, with a boat engine roaring and our children 20 feet away, if they were shouting out of elation, or screaming out of desperation. We, of coarse the optimists, assumed they were having a wonderful time and continued to pull.


Maybe we should have informed them to let go of the rope!

No comments: