Saturday, August 9, 2008

Purses

Today the babies brought me one of Emmry's purses that I noticed right away had a large wet mark on the outside and wanted me to look inside. It must be innate for little girls to carry around purses and fill them full of whatever they can find, because every little girl seems to do it. The babies love to swing their purses over their shoulders and say to me, "Bye, bye. Bye, bye" as if they are going out for the afternoon. Unfortunately I never know what I will find inside their purses and after the poop filled purse incident, I've been a bit leery. So it was a bit of apprehension that I opened Emmry's lavender purse that the babies handed me. At first glance, I thought I saw exactly what I feared. The contents were brown and mushy. "Oh, girls...." (I find myself saying that a lot lately). Upon further inspection though, to my relief, I found that my brown, mushy surprise was only an old banana. I can't tell you how happy I was to find a who-knows-how-many-day-old smashed up banana squished up in that purse. Perspective is everything.

4 comments:

Ben and Laurie said...

Too funny. Who pooped in the purse?

Matt and Allie said...

I love all your funny adventures about the twins. You could probably write a book.

myndie said...

it's great to hear about your family and so great that we love so close. we really want to get together but i erased your new phone number. give me a call or email me your info or you can leave it on my blog. 928-226-1975
myndietullis@gmail.com
davidandmyndie.blogspot.com
can't wait to see you guys!

myndie said...

i meant live so close:)