Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday

Emmry asked all weekend when it would be Monday. Monday at preschool, Jungle Terry would be visiting. He would be bringing a skunk, a snake, a crocodile, and some other animals. Emmry was so frightened she was in tears. Her friend Amelia had also told her that she better wear something with pockets, otherwise the crocodile would bite her hands off. So I promised my little girl I would go see Jungle Terry with her, we would sit in the back, and she could be on my lap the whole time if she liked.

When Monday came it just so happened that Emmry didn't have a thing clean with pockets. She was very concerned until I promised her I would wear pockets for both of us.

It turned out that Jungle Terry's visit was "not so bad." Emmry touched a chinchilla, a skunk, a snake, a crocodile, a turtle, and a pigeon. She counted the legs of a tarantula and cheered the racing turtles. She sat on my lap for only a minute and didn't put her hands in my pockets once. I took her word that the chinchilla and skunk were her favorites because they were soft and fuzzy, because I didn't touch any of the animals.

Monday evening brought its own excitement. Hadley and Chloe sleep in cribs that are placed on opposite walls in their room. Emmry decided they would have much more fun if the cribs were pushed together. So the babies went to bed with cribs side by side. After 1 1/2 hours of giggling, I went in to settle the girls down. I was surprised to find both girls sitting in Hadley's crib. Chloe had scaled the side of her crib and dropped into Hadley's. Oh how I wish I'd had a camera on them for the last hour and a half!

No comments: