Friday, November 18, 2011

First Word

I think all kids love to climb in the dishwasher.  What's not to love?  First of all, it's full of shiny objects that can be unloaded onto the floor.  Second, mom always mysteriously seems to be nearby!  I don't think I've had one child that hasn't seen its charm.  But the charm of course has always been in undermining what mom has been trying to accomplish for the last half hour.  Forks and spoons find their way to the floor or, even better, on the back of a pan that makes an amazingly loud noise.  So imagine my surprise when a child came along that isn't interested in emptying its contents onto the floor, but seems to love filling it up!


A miracle child he is!  And so polite too!  When I hand him a spoon, he grasps it in his tiny hand, says, "Thank you," and places it in the utensil basket.  Perhaps now we'll just work on his table etiquette!



No comments: