Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


I remember being a kid and asking my mom why there was no Kid's Day. If there was a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, certainly there should be a Kid's Day. My mom is wise, as mothers tend to be, and speaking in true mom fashion she responded, "Every day is Kid's Day."

Just moments ago my cute four-year-olds, Hadley and Chloe, interrupted my Mother's Day solitude asking if they could have a snack.

"I don't know. You have to ask Dad. He's in charge today."

"No, you're in charge."

"Not today. Today is Mother's Day. Today Daddy is doing nice things for Mom, so he's in charge."
Then I add, "You get to do nice things too," for good measure.

"Mom, when is it going to be Kid's Day?"

"Every day is Kid's Day," I answer. I learned from the best.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm totally going to use that someday. :)

Hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day with those cute kids!

Summer said...

HaHaHa! That's the same answer my mom used to give me when I asked that question! Love your cute matchy girls! Happy Mother's Day!

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/merk-jas-hujan-terbaik