Sunday, November 30, 2008

Joy in the Journey

Every day I try to take time out to enjoy my day. Not easy as it is full of making meals, cleaning up meals, preparing snacks, cleaning up snacks, taking out toys, cleaning up toys... and wiping bums, washing hands, making sack lunches, driving kids places, doing laundry...




And of coarse managing the teasing and fighting. Every once in a while there will be that time when I look at one of my kids and think, wow that was sweet. Like the time Braden volunteered to get Chloe the milk she was complaining for. I remember thinking as Braden handed her the cup, "That is a sweet boy I have." Then I saw Chloe's face. It seems my sweet Braden made a concoction of barbecue sauce, lemon juice, water, and Hershey's syrup, and gave it to his little sister.






I have no doubt that there is joy in the journey to be found no matter how burried it may seem. The key is making the effort to take the time to find it.

No comments: