Monday, June 16, 2008

Graduation


Last Saturday Ryan and I, and his mother Ellen, were able to celebrate an event 13 plus years in the making. Ellen and I boarded a plane Saturday morning bound for Cleveland and for Ryan's graduation from residency. It was a wonderful moment to celebrate his accomplishments, or more accurately, our accomplishments. Ryan and I met nearly 15 years ago and during that time at least one of us has been in school or training. With this graduation, our educational goals we made so long ago are finally completed. It has been a long road, but we are so happy to have both received an education in something we love. Ryan expressed to me that he was a little disappointed we were finally done and wondered what goal we were now going to look forward to. I told him retirement!

1 comment:

Hendry Happenings said...

Remind him that you are going to move on to being able to buy whatever groceries you want, actually buying new clothes for yourself and just being able to live "normal". I bet you are "so over" many things and can't wait to move on!